''Game 1 - The Edge - Analphabetic, SPIRITUAL society - European Values under Siege? Refugees - the meaning of; ‘X’? ''
Cross: definition - noun (1)
a structure consisting essentially of an upright and a transverse piece, used to execute persons in ancient times.
any object, figure, or mark resembling a cross, as two intersecting lines.
a mark resembling a cross, usually an X, made instead of a signature by a person ‘’unable to write’’.
Cross: definition - noun (2)
1. 2a : CRUCIFIXION b : an affliction that tries one's virtue, steadfastness, or patience. ‘We all have our crosses to bear’.
2. 3: a cruciform sign made to invoke the blessing of Christ especially by touching the forehead, breast, and shoulders.
3. 5: a structure (such as a monument) shaped like or surmounted by a cross ‘a cross over a grave.’
4. 6: …..’The crosses at the end of the letter indicate kisses.’……
5. 7: a cruciform badge, emblem, or decoration.
6. 9: ANNOYANCE, THWARTING ‘a cross in love’.
7. 10a : an act of crossing dissimilar individuals.
8. b : a crossbred individual or kind.
11a : a fraudulent or dishonest contest or dishonest or illegal practices - used .especially in the phrase ‘on the cross’.
12: a movement from one part of a theater stage to another.
13a : a punch thrown over the opponent's lead in boxing hit him with a right cross.
b : an attacking pass in soccer played across the field from one side to the other or to the middle.
9. 14: a security transaction in which a broker acts for both buyer and seller (as in the placing of a large lot of common stock) - called also cross-trade.
(1) (http://www.dictionary.com/browse/cross -)