“Tierra roja” 2011. Miriam Isasi, María Salazar, Víctor Santamarina (España) 5 min 38 s. Pamplona 2011. La identidad de la ciudad es un estrato de tradiciones ancestrales que perviven actualizándose con el paso del tiempo. Desde una mirada visitante aparecen los vestigios de la ciudad amurallada pero permeable a la vez al paso de los peregrinos, o a los turistas de San Fermín. Una constante de flujos intermitentes se van sucediendo en el tiempo y generan contextos y situaciones que determinan los rasgos propios de Pamplona y sus habitantes, dando forma a una identidad contemporánea de la ciudad.
“Everybody knows that the bird is the Word” 2011 Saray Blades (España) 1 min 45 s. Acciones cometidas durante la infancia, tienen sus consecuentes reacciones en la edad adulta.
“Museum of revolution” 2011. Beate Hecher / Markus Keim (Austria) 5 min. Museum of Revolution: a dismantling of German everyday culture in the age of reaction in front of a museum shell securde with barbwire and a wall.
MEM and Phake organize again the photography competition on-line ExperimentoBIO2011. The aim of ExperimentoBIO is becoming a locus of encounter and exchange between artists to investigate the field of photography, a showcase from which to visualize the artistic riskier and innovative.
The basis of ExperimentoBIO2011 are:
- Any photographer individual or as a collective.
- A series consisting of three photos.
- The technique is free.
- The theme for this year's event will focus on social networks.
- Entries should be sent to the email address email@example.com.
- The acceptance period of the works will begin on August 8, 2011 and ends on October 28, 2011.
- All submitted works may be referred to in the space reserved for that purpose in the blog ExperimentoBIO2011.
- The work must be sent in jpg format with a maximum resolution of 72 dpi and a weight not exceeding 200 KB per picture.
- All works shall include the following:
Name of author
Contact telephone and e-mail
Brief text (no more than 10 lines) on the series presented
- Of all the works submitted we will elect three leaflets of three creators.
- The prize consists of the production and exhibition of the work in the exhibition room Etxepare from the auditorium of the University of th Basque Country in Bilbao (Spain) from 13th November to 10 th December 2011.
- Once finished the exposition period, the works will be available for the artist.
- Artists will be all time legal owners of their works.
The selected works may only be used to promote the next call for ExperimentoBIO, always mentioning the author.
The jury of ExperimentoBIO is composed by:
Begoña Zubero (photographer), Txema Agiriano (curator) and Susana Martinez Ximénez (director of the gallery PhotoArt Komite).
- The jury will meet periodically to watch the entries. And made a final review of all sets sent on October 30, 2011, in order to select the winning works.
- The jury will be announced through the page of all the platforms on Tuesday November 2, 2011.
- A representative of the jury will contact the author 's selected for the preparation of the awards.
- The main criterion followed by the jury for the choice of play is the creativity of the photographs presented
- The ruling is final, and the jury may declare the prizes for the competition works not achieve the desired quality.
- The jury has jurisdiction to resolve any situation not contemplated in these rules.
Participation in ExperimentoBIO implies acceptance of these rules.
DEADLINE FOR ACCEPTANCE OF WORKS: 28 OCTOBER 2011
NOTIFICATION OF AWARDS WEB 02 NOVEMBER 2011
EXHIBITION OF WORKS FROM 13 NOVEMBER TO 10 DECEMBER 2011